Thursday, March 21, 2013

Commute

So, public transportation.  The Japanese are quite restrained on subways and trains.  Quiet rules.  You can be in a packed car during rush hour and there is NO noise but the sound of the train itself.  And you very rarely see anyone eat or drink--or do anything that might disturb their fellow passengers.  I've even seen a school girl put a finger to her lips to remind her chatting friend to pipe down.  But girls will regularly put on makeup while riding the train, which I can totally understand. Anything for a few extra minutes' sleep in the morning.  But this is the first time I've seen false eyelash application.  The girl on the left was holding the mirror for her friend at first, and giving instructions.  Methinks someone's mother doesn't want her wearing these things.  At least, that's the story I made up in my head.



No comments:

Post a Comment